We had the best time when we visited the Woodloch Resort back in 2014. Located in the Pocono Mountains, Woodloch is also an incredible destination for the holidays with some amazing programs like Yule Log Hunts, carriage rides, light shows, festive decorations, and Winter Olympics, abound. One of the resort’s most important traditions, however, began just three years ago with the inception of its 12 Days of Giving program, the goal of which is to focus on the true spirit of the holidays – the spirit of giving back.
I was particularly excited about their cooking classes where their culinary team goes to local senior centers from the Hawley, Hamlin, and Honesdale areas. Families can get in on the action and participate where a bus provides transportation to and from Woodloch Pines. How amazing is that!
Check out more of their giving incentives for the 12 Days of Giving below:
- Brightening Birthdays – With the help of the national organization Volunteers of America, Woodloch will be throwing a birthday party for some very deserving children at a New York City homeless shelter. Woodloch staff will organize and play games with the children as well as provide decorations and baked goods from the resort’s very own bakery.
- Hero Appreciation – Woodloch staff will spread holiday cheer and offer thanks by bringing homemade baked goods to fire stations in Long Island, NY.
- Children’s Hospital of Pennsylvania Arts & Crafts Drive – Woodloch’s Social Department will collect donated arts and crafts supplies for children being treated at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Ronald McDonald House Dinner – Members of the Woodloch team will go to the Ronald McDonald house in Scranton and prepare a homemade meal for 20 residents of the home.
- Salvation Army Coffee Drop – The Woodloch Social Staff will be stationed outside the local Salvation Army location, handing out hot coffee and Woodloch Bakery sweets to workers, shoppers and donors.
- Operation Christmas Child – Shoeboxes filled with shoes, toys, and school supplies that Woodloch staff has been collecting will be delivered to children around the world.
- Winter Clothing Drive – Woodloch Pines staff has set up collection boxes around the resort to gather new and gently used winter clothing items, such as coats, hats, boots, and gloves, which will go to shelters in the local area.
- Angel Tree – Staff members can purchase holiday gifts for children in need by choosing an ornament from the tree, located in the staff lunchroom.
- Show on the Road – The Woodloch Crew will perform a strolling Christmas show through a local senior center.
- Thank an Employee – The Woodloch Family will reward randomly selected employees with a few extra dollars for the holidays.
- Fill Up Gas Tanks – Woodloch staff will hand out Mobile gas cards to unsuspecting drivers who pull into The Market at Woodloch to fill up.
- Cooking Class– The culinary team at Woodloch Pines will be providing a cooking class to local senior centers from the Hawley, Hamlin, and Honesdale areas. Avery Bus will provide transportation to Woodloch Pines for all participants free of charge.
For more info, please visit: woodloch.com.