|Cream of Corn Soup by Deja Vu Cook|
Guest Blogger: Kathleen of Deja Vu Cook
Bring a taste of summer to the winter table with this soup celebrating the great flavors of corn and tomato together. Through the summer this combination is common to all areas of the country, so if you miss the combination I think this will satisfy those taste buds that are craving the magnificent pairing.
2 C. Whole Kernal Corn (canned or frozen)
1 C. Onion (chopped
1 C. Carrot (diced)
1 C. Celery (diced)
1/4 C. Olive Oil
4 C. Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
Freshly Ground Pepper
Addl. Whole Kernal Corn (Optional for Garnish)
Roasted Juliette Tomatoes (Optional for Garnish)
- Saute the onion, celery, carrot and corn in the oil until soft; add the stock and bring to a boil
- Cook for 15 minutes; them remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or blender
- Strain through a colander (optional) and return to a boil, skim the surface
- Add the cream and season to taste
- Serve in warmed bowls and garnish with the corn and tomato garnish or pass garnish separately
Ingredients and Preparation:
- 1/2 C. Whole Kernal Corn (canned or frozen)
- 1/2 C. Roasted Juliette Tomatoes
Mix together and warm; serve in a warmed serving bowl
Recipe adapted from www.finestchef.com
To read more recipes by Kathleen, be sure to check out her blog, “Deja Vu” Cook.
Do you have a soup that you would like to contribute to Seriously Soupy? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details!
Posted: Monday, December 20th, 2010 @ 12:19 pm
Categories: corn soup, cream of corn soup, Deja Vu Cook, guest blogger, recipes, soup, soup recipes, soups, vegetarian and vegan soups.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.