|Potato and Fresh Herb Soup by “Deja Vu” Cook|
Guest Blogger: Kathleen of Deja Vu Cook
We have a tendency to think of fresh herbs and something to add to a soup, but surprise yourself when you make this soup (especially in the spring and summer) with fresh herbs from your own garden. Here in Florida we have these herbs in our backyards year round but spring seems the appropriate time to really celebrate them wherever you may live.
Potato and Fresh Herb Soup by “Deja Vu” Cook
4 T. Unsalted Butter
1 1/4 C. Diced Onions
1 1/2 C. Diced Potatoes
1 t. Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper
1 T. Mixture of Fresh Parsley, Thyme, Lemon Balm, Chives and Marjoram
3 1/2 C. Chicken Stock
1/2 C. Whole Milk
Fresh Parsley (chopped for garnish)
1. Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan; when it foams add the onions and potatoes; toss in the butter thoroughly
2. Season with salt and pepper; cover and sweat on low heat for 10 minutes
3. Add the fresh herbs and the stock; cook until vegetables are soft
4. Puree the soup with an immersion blender (or transfer in batches to blender)
5. Season and thin with the milk to the consistency you desire
6. Pour into warmed soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley
To read more recipes by Kathleen, be sure to check out her blog, “Deja Vu” Cook.
Do you have a soup that you would like to contribute to Seriously Soupy? Email me at email@example.com for more details!
Posted: Monday, March 21st, 2011 @ 10:14 am
Categories: Deja Vu Cook, guest blogs, potato and herb soup, potato soup, recipes, spring soup recipes, Spring Soups, vegetarian and vegan soups.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.