Reposted with permission by emak — Thanks Emily!
green chili pepper
red hot chili pepper
1½ tbs vinegar
1 ts salt
1 ts fish sauce
1 ts sugar
1½ cup of cold water (purified or boiled and cooled down)
6 ice cubes
- Get a bowl ready, one that can hold more than 2 cups. One that is made of glass looks the best.
- Put about 1¼ cups of cucumber, cut into thin strips (julienne style), into the bowl.
- Mince one clove of garlic, chop up half a green onion, and cut up 1 or 2 ts worth of green chili pepper (depending on how hot you like it). Add them to the cucumber strips in the bowl.
- Add 1 ts of salt, 1 ts of fish sauce, 1 ½ tbs of vinegar, 1 ts of sugar to the bowl and mix it well with a spoon.
- Pour 1½ cup of cold water (purified or boiled and cooled down) to the bowl and mix it.
- Add 6 ice cubes.
- Cut some red hot chili pepper to garnish and sprinkle on the top of the soup.
- Serve it with rice.
To read more about Emily’s culinary adventures, check out her blog: eating with emak.
Posted: Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 @ 12:40 am
Categories: eating with emak, fish soups, korean soup, Korean Style Cold Cucumber Soup, recipes, soup, soups.
Subscribe to the comments feed if you like. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.